Want to live and dine on campus? Ranken offers many housing and meal plan options.
Ranken’s dorm, Walker Hall, has many options for students who want to live on campus – from single rooms to apartment-style suites with full kitchens.
A short walk from Walker Hall is Ranken’s dining hall, located on the first floor of the Finney building. Various meal plans are available, depending on what you want for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Walker Hall has multiple options for students wishing to live on campus, from single rooms to apartment-style suites with full kitchens.
Each room features:
- Standard twin-size mattress and frame with lofting posts
- Wardrobe (if room doesn’t have a closet)
- Chest of drawers
- Desk and desk chair
Each unit features:
- Wired & wireless Internet access
- Basic cable
Room costs are based on a contract covering the fall and spring semesters.
Type A – single unit (ADA accessible) – $2,900 per student per semester
- 316 sq. ft.
- One bathroom
- Occupancy is one student
Type B – single unit – $2,900 per student per semester
- 264 sq. ft.
- 1 bathroom
- Current occupancy is one student
Type C – double unit – $1,850 per student per semester
- 556 sq. ft.
- One bathroom, four sinks
- Two bedrooms (two students per room)
Type D – 2 bedroom apartment – $2,575 per student per semester
- 735 sq. ft.
- One bathroom, two sinks
- Living room
- Two bedrooms w/ two closets in each room (two students per room)
- Select apartments have kitchens available
Type E – Four bedroom apartment – $2,975 per student per semester
- 947 sq. ft.
- Two bathrooms, four sinks
- Kitchen equipped with stove, refrigerator and microwave
- Living room
- Four bedrooms (one student per room)
Meal Plans and Costs
Meal plans are mandatory for students living in the dorm. Meal plan cost is separate from room cost. Meals are served in the dining hall located on the first floor of the Finney Building, located just a short walk away from Walker Hall.
Fresh Ideas provides food services for the College. Money for meals plans is placed on each resident’s Ranken 1Card.
You can choose from our three meal plan options:
- Option A: $750 per-semester declining balance on student’s Ranken 1Card
- Option B: $900 per-semester declining balance on student’s Ranken 1Card
- Option C: $1,100 per-semester declining balance on student’s Ranken 1Card
To help you estimate your meal plan needs, the dining hall provides the following average costs, per meal:
- Breakfast: $4.00 – $5.00
- Lunch: $6.25 – $6.75
- Dinner: $6.25 – $6.75
These are average prices for “combo meals” including a drink. There are also many a la carte menu items available.